From: Peter Olcott on
It just occurred to me that I probably should learn virtual
memory systems much better than I know them. I just
remembered that the instructor cancelled the final exam in
the operating systems class so I never studied the material
from the last half of the book.

I do remember something about locking pages so that they
can't be swapped out.

From: Hector Santos on
Peter Olcott wrote:

> It just occurred to me that I probably should learn virtual
> memory systems much better than I know them. I just

> remembered that the instructor cancelled the final exam in
> the operating systems class so I never studied the material
> from the last half of the book.
>
> I do remember something about locking pages so that they
> can't be swapped out.

Is this another Patent Pending PHD genius intelligence imagination method?

--
HLS
From: Peter Olcott on

"Hector Santos" <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Peter Olcott wrote:
>
>> It just occurred to me that I probably should learn
>> virtual memory systems much better than I know them. I
>> just
>
>> remembered that the instructor cancelled the final exam
>> in the operating systems class so I never studied the
>> material from the last half of the book.
>>
>> I do remember something about locking pages so that they
>> can't be swapped out.
>
> Is this another Patent Pending PHD genius intelligence
> imagination method?
>
> --
> HLS

The most recent posting that I read of yours had me
convinced that my stubborn persistence on having you and Joe
prove your points to me could have been taken as disrespect
to you and Joe.

I had absolutely no intention of being disrespectful, I just
want to understand the underlying reasoning of your
suggestions.

From: Tom Serface on
Applause. Thank you for being willing to be the humble one.

BTW, I've known Joe for many years and we've spent some quality time
together in person. He can take it as much as he can dish it out. I'm sure
he'd appreciate your contriteness, but I don't think he let anything you've
said bother him any. He has many years of wisdom to impart and thrives on
helping others get past learning curves. I'd bet he's had way more
difficult students than you :o)

Tom

From: Peter Olcott on

"Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com> wrote in message
> Applause. Thank you for being willing to be the humble
> one.
>
> BTW, I've known Joe for many years and we've spent some
> quality time together in person. He can take it as much
> as he can dish it out. I'm sure he'd appreciate your
> contriteness, but I don't think he let anything you've
> said bother him any. He has many years of wisdom to
> impart and thrives on helping others get past learning
> curves. I'd bet he's had way more difficult students than
> you :o)
>
> Tom

He is one of the brightest most knowledgeable people that I
know. His knowledge goes to very great depths.