From: Flavio Matani on
The free case program for the iPhone 4 seems to have started. Apple have
put up an app in iTunes for those 'affected' who would like to take up
the offer of a free case.

iTunes link:
<http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iphone-4-case-program/id383941000?mt=8>

(Checked to see whether anyone had posted about this and didn't find any
relevant posts, sorry if someone had already done.)

--
flavio matani
guitar tuition
From: David Probett on
I bought one when I bought the phone from the Apple Online Store.

Yesterday, I received an unsolicited e-mail advising that Apple were
in course of re-crediting my credit card account for the cost of the
bumper + VAT + shipping.

Hope it arrives OK

Regards - David
From: Geoff Berrow on
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:21:47 +0100, David Probett
<davidprobett(a)pobox.com> wrote:

>I bought one when I bought the phone from the Apple Online Store.
>
>Yesterday, I received an unsolicited e-mail advising that Apple were
>in course of re-crediting my credit card account for the cost of the
>bumper + VAT + shipping.

Cue spate of Nigerian scam emails asking for card numbers to 'credit'
other accounts. :(
--
Geoff Berrow (Put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.

From: Flavio Matani on
Geoff Berrow <blthecat(a)ckdog.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:21:47 +0100, David Probett
> <davidprobett(a)pobox.com> wrote:
>
> >I bought one when I bought the phone from the Apple Online Store.
> >
> >Yesterday, I received an unsolicited e-mail advising that Apple were
> >in course of re-crediting my credit card account for the cost of the
> >bumper + VAT + shipping.
>
> Cue spate of Nigerian scam emails asking for card numbers to 'credit'
> other accounts. :(

For sure. One reason why Apple are doing this via an iPhone app. Not
sure they take details of people who already had bought a case, as this
wasn't my situation I didn't look for this but it would make sense if it
did. In any case a notification email (since the Apple Store would have
your details) is to be expected. One asking you for details... oh, well,
it's going to happen but we all know where that's going to be coming
from...

--
flavio matani
guitar tuition
From: David Probett on
Re my previous post.......

On 22 July, Apple Store UK recredited my credit card account with
�25.00 - the cost of the bumpers I purchased at the time of my
original order.

Their system DOES seem to work.

Regards - David

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:21:47 +0100, David Probett
<davidprobett(a)pobox.com> wrote:

>I bought one when I bought the phone from the Apple Online Store.
>
>Yesterday, I received an unsolicited e-mail advising that Apple were
>in course of re-crediting my credit card account for the cost of the
>bumper + VAT + shipping.
>
>Hope it arrives OK
>
>Regards - David
 |  Next  |  Last