From: Chris M on
Hi there,

Can anyone explain why an application pool recycle should cause an
upload to fail? I thought that when an app pool was recyled, the old
worker process completed its current requests before shutting down (or
hitting the shutdown time limit).

That seems to be the case for downloads (i.e. I can start a very large
download from IIS and force a recycle of the app pool, and the worker
process doesn't exit until my download has finished), but recycling an
app pool during an upload causes the connection to be reset immediately.

Any advice?

Thanks,

--
Chris M.
From: Krishna on
on the same note, i have question, when a app pool recycle happens, will the
new request to the server will be queued or will IIS throw exception stating
"Thread is being aborted".

Thanks