From: gulerayh on
Hi All,

I have a problem with application pools on my web server. we serve more than
30 web sites on web server and all of them have seperate application pools.
the problem is, when i change asp.net version on any of the web site, from
1.1 to 2.0 all the application pools (not only the web site which i changing
asp.net version) stop and restarts. we are using IIS 6.0.

any help?
thank you.
From: Ayhan Güler Ayhan on
Any idea????

From: Dan on

"gulerayh" <gulerayh(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem with application pools on my web server. we serve more
> than
> 30 web sites on web server and all of them have seperate application
> pools.
> the problem is, when i change asp.net version on any of the web site, from
> 1.1 to 2.0 all the application pools (not only the web site which i
> changing
> asp.net version) stop and restarts. we are using IIS 6.0.
>
> any help?
> thank you.

This is normal and documented here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h%28VS.80%29.aspx

If you don't want all the pools to recycle when you make changes to the
ASP.NET settings in IIS Manager then you need to use Aspnet_regiis.exe tool
with the -norestart command line flag, and then restart the IIS application
that you have changed the setting on. Scroll down the above article to the
Remarks section and read the note just above the white box containing the
two commands.

--
Dan

Pages: 1