From: Thomas Olszewicki on
Dear VO-ers
I’m so glad that this group is so active.
It is so nice to see same group of people, same programs, same tools.
I guess good things are here to stay…
I miss programming in VO.

Hope somebody can come up with some clue.
Quite recently, we’ve run into a small problem with
one of our “legacy” programs.

One of our clients have decided to move Client portion of the Client-
Server application to new platform :Windows 7.

Client application is a VO + Classmate.
It has been recompiled in VO 2.8 and Classmate 209.

Everything works except WebBrowser.
It has been working in Windows XP without any problems for years.

When user is trying to open a generated HTML document, it opens
sometimes,
But 2nd or 3rd attempt always generates a GPF error.

06: Line 80 - OLE, Ole Control Events - SETVARIANTREFPARAMS
07: Line 79 - OLE, Ole Control Events - COLECONTROLEVENTDISP:INVOKE

This is the code we are using to create a Web Browser object in our
code.

CLASS OurWebBrowser INHERIT WebBrowser

METHOD Init(oParent) CLASS OurWebBrowser
LOCAL oWin AS cWindow

SUPER:Init(oParent,NIL,NIL,[WebBrowser])

oWin := oParent
…
IF .not. self:CreateEmbeddedFromProgID([Shell.Explorer])
OurErrorBox([MS Explorer not installed])
ENDIF
RETURN SELF

Class WebBrowser is generated from VO–Setup OLE Control : Microsoft
Web Browser.

Error does happen in the method Navigate2.

We will appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you in advance

Thomas Olszewicki
CPAS Systems Inc.

From: Nick Friend on
Thomas,

Don't know what the casue of problem is, but how about changing the
call to just

CreateEmbedding("Shell.Explorer")

to see if that helps.

Nick
From: Thomas Olszewicki on
On Apr 19, 10:44 am, Nick Friend <nicktek...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Don't know what the casue of problem is, but how about changing the
> call to just
>
> CreateEmbedding("Shell.Explorer")
>
> to see if that helps.
>
> Nick

Nick,
Thank you for quick answer.
Pardon my ignorance, but where should I put CreateEmbeding call?
Thomas
From: Nick Friend on
Thomas,

What's the actual error code you're getting? It's not 5333 by any
chance is it.

I don't have any experience with Classmate, but if the error doesn't
occur every time (ie only after two or three accesses), it's likely to
be a memory problem somewhere else in the app which only becomes
apparent when you go to the browser.

Nick

From: Nick Friend on
Thomas,

I haven't had time to check, but I suspect that both calls are
effectively identical underneath.... I use this to start a web
browser..

IF !oDCWebBrowser:CreateEmbedding("Shell.Explorer")