From: TW on
Hi,

I have a problem in using MySQL in bBrowse 1.4 (Limited) with VO2.7B
(Build 2740). I use ODBC driver 3.51.

The browser takes a long time to load and also cannot focus in the
browser to move up and down by pressing the up down arrow keys in the
keyboard.

The coding is as follows :

oConn := SQLConnection{"MySQL-Server","root","1234"}
oSelect := SQLSelect{ "SELECT * FROM SQL_TABLE", oConn }

SELF:oDCbBrowser:Use( oSelect, , { } )
oColumn := bDataColumn{SELF:oDCbBrowser, SELF:oDCbBrowser:Server, ;
{|oServer| oServer:Field1 }, #Expression, SELF}
oColumn:Caption := "FIELD-1"
oColumn:Width := 165
SELF:oDCbBrowser:AddColumn(oColumn)
SELF:oDCbBrowser:OpenColumn(oColumn,1)

---

Recently, I move my VO from the old machine with Windows 2000 to a new
machine with Windows XP Pro. When I run an application with bBrowser
under VO in the new machine with Windows XP Pro, I get an error
message "The ordinal 125 could not be located in the dynamic link
library VO27OLE.DLL". In the old machine with Windows 2000 or if I
compiled and link it, I do not have such problem.

Does anyone know what's wrong ?

Thanks.

TW
From: Geoff Schaller on
TW.

The problem is your select - it is select * and if there are any serious
numbers of rows here you are doomed. bBrowser will call a go top about 6
times in its creation cycle, causing a recordset refresh each time.

The answer is to do a select top 0 * from xxxx, set up your browser then
reselect without the top 0.

Then you will be fine.

It has nothing to do with bBrowser versions.

Geoff

From: diskbit on
give names of tables large and with lower-case letters
install http:\\www.inwest.pl\MySQLDrvSetup.exe
From: TW on
Hi all,

My Name is Tyrone.

In our software teams, we have VO and web. I responsible for the VO
part. We need to connect VO with the web development database and they
use MySQL. The reason is that simply.

I do understand that upgrading the tool is important, but sometimes
upgrading may cause some unexpected issues which may cause some time
to resolve.

>>how is TW going to use MySql with (VO2)Ado?
>>AFAIK there is no Ado/Oledb provider available for MySql...

I'm just a learner of using SQL. I'm not quite understand Erik's
comment.
Does he mean that it needs a driver for MySQL to work with VO2ADO but
the driver is not available now ?

Since MySQL cannot be changed, can I still use VO2ADO ?
Base on Erik's comment I have a little bit confuse.

Anyway thanks for all your valuable opinions.

Regards,

Tyrone
From: E®!k /!$$E® on
Hi Tyrone,

Sorry to hear I have confused you.
In brief, these are the scenario's:

YourVOApp - VO_SqlClasses - ODBC - DatabaseDepended_ODBC_Driver - Database.

This is how you currently work. As ODBC is outdated , it is relative slow.
Also the VO SqlClasses are not known to be VO's best part.
You will need to use the latest VO release to be use you have all the
bugfixes.

The suggested scenario by both Willie and Geoff (and the one I use) is like
this:

YourVOApp - VO2ADO - ADO/OLEDB - DatabaseDepended OleDB provider - Database.
This is a faster and technically better approach. You will need to buy
VO2ADO however, a product written by the guy who is now in charge of
VO-development at Grafx.
Problem for you is that there is no OleDB provider for MySql available.
There used to be an expensive commercial product, but I doubt this is still
available.

An alternative approach (used by several others around here) is this:
YourVOApp - VO2ADO - ADO/OLEDB - OleDB provider for
DBC -DatabaseDepended_ODBC_Driver - Database.
This might be (a little ) faster and you get around the VO Sql classes here.

I hope this makes things a little more clear for you.
Please do not hesitate to ask if there are still unclear aspects of this.

regards,

Erik