From: David Ching on
"rahul" <hyrahul64(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Do you know what are the MFC functions/Windows OS functions/DLLs /
> resources-bitmaps etc for an MFC applications to draw the controls on
> the screen according to current OS theme?

Most of the controls are in Common Controls and distributed by each OS,
that's why they look different under each OS. For example, the tree control
uses + signs to expand the nodes in XP, and in Vista/Win7, these are
replaced with triangles. Some of the basic controls like buttons are in
USER32.DLL, but again, this is OS-specific.

Some of the controls are themable, but I'm not really sure if the themes are
transportable to different OS's or not. For more, see e.g. the
OpenThemeData API.

I would say if you wanted to make Win 7 look available in all OS's, you'll
have to draw it yourself.

-- David

From: Tom Serface on
You might want to take a look at CodeJocks Skin Framework. It has a bunch
built in (like for Vista) so you could extend that to do Windows 7 as well
if you wanted. I'd bet they will have that available soon, but I don't know
for sure (they just tend to keep up).

Tom

From: rahul on
For applying Windows 7 theme to XP, I have downloaded .msstyle file
and Shell folder of Windows 7 theme for XP from the internet.
I have also patched UxTheme.DLL which is requried to let windows XP
applying 3rd party theme.
When I double click .msstyle file DISPLAY->Properties dialog box opens
and it should display 3rd party theme in "Windows and Button" combo
box.

But it displays only 2 options Windows XP and Window Classic. Also
"APPLY" button is also disabled.

I don't know what is going wrong.
For applying third party theme
1. we have to patch uxtheme.dll
2. we have to put .msstyle file and associated Shell folder in C:
\Windows\Resources\Theme\" Third Party ThemeName" folder.
3. double click .msstyle file

All the three steps I have done but I am unable to applying third
party theme(Windows 7 for XP theme)?
Can anybody help?