From: rahul on
I want my MFC application always uses windows 7 theme no matters on
which Winodow OS it is running.
i.e it should use Windows 7 theme even running on XP
What should i Do?
From: Scot T Brennecke on
rahul wrote:
> I want my MFC application always uses windows 7 theme no matters on
> which Winodow OS it is running.
> i.e it should use Windows 7 theme even running on XP
> What should i Do?

How is an OS made in 2002 going to provide a UI invented in 2009?
From: rahul on
On Sep 19, 10:46 pm, Scot T Brennecke <Sc...(a)Spamhater.MVPs.org>
wrote:
> rahul wrote:
> > I want my MFC application always uses windows 7 theme no matters on
> > which Winodow OS it is running.
> > i.e it should use Windows 7 theme even running on XP
> > What should i Do?
>
> How is an OS made in 2002 going to provide a UI invented in 2009?

I think UI might be provided by in form of some DLL and if we replce
(or put) that dll by newer version and tell the application to use the
newer version of dll then it might be possible??.
From: Mikel on
On 23 sep, 08:30, rahul <hyrahu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 19, 10:46 pm, Scot T Brennecke <Sc...(a)Spamhater.MVPs.org>
> wrote:
>
> > rahul wrote:
> > > I want my MFC application always uses windows 7 theme no matters on
> > > which Winodow OS it is running.
> > > i.e it should use Windows 7 theme even running on XP
> > > What should i Do?
>
> > How is an OS made in 2002 going to provide a UI invented in 2009?
>
> I think UI might be provided by in form of some DLL and if we replce
> (or put) that dll by newer version and tell the application to use the
> newer version of dll then it might be possible??.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say that Windows 7 UI uses some Windows 7
specific features (or at least features introduced in Vista) not
present in Windows XP. So it's not just a DLL problem, it has to do
with the core of the OS.
From: rahul on
On Sep 23, 12:21 pm, Mikel <mikel.l...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 sep, 08:30, rahul <hyrahu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 19, 10:46 pm, Scot T Brennecke <Sc...(a)Spamhater.MVPs.org>
> > wrote:

> > > How is an OS made in 2002 going to provide a UI invented in 2009?
>
> > I think UI might be provided by in form of some DLL and if we replce
> > (or put) that dll by newer version and tell the application to use the
> > newer version of dll then it might be possible??.
>
> I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say that Windows 7 UI uses some Windows 7
> specific features (or at least features introduced in Vista) not
> present in Windows XP. So it's not just a DLL problem, it has to do
> with the core of the OS.

Do you know what are the MFC functions/Windows OS functions/DLLs /
resources-bitmaps etc for an MFC applications to draw the controls on
the screen according to current OS theme?