From: MrSoftware on
Many people who have posted WU [Windows Update] problems on various internet
help sites have the following two Active X controls.

Directory = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files

- A9Helper.A9
- HidInputMonitorX

[1] Are these valid Microsoft software devices?

[2] I have removed them but WUAU [Windows Update Automatic Update] seems to
download/re-install them

When the ActiveX files (above) are examined the following are blank or bogus.

Description
Company
Copyright

Thus, I expect they are NOT Microsoft controls and can be removed.

From: MrSoftware on
Sorry - somehow this got double posted :-(