From: Teflon on
On Aug 9, 11:13 pm, HTH <y...(a)nd.them> wrote:

> What version of Opera are you running now?

10.60 installed, but use FF 3.6.8. 10.60 is the latest and greatest,
is it not?
From: Teflon on
On Aug 10, 5:19 pm, Mutlley <mutley2...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> You need to look at the installer options with Foxit as unless you are
> alert you will install the Ebay icon as well..  Most free software
> these days  will do this..

Then I would have to label those software vendors that pull these
unwise shenanigans, malware distributors. I wonder why they risk
getting a bad reputation by doing that? Probably the same reason the
ladies of the night give for plying their trade.

Thanks for responding.

Any specific free software you've had personal experience with, or
positively know of, that pulls this subterfuge?
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Teflon" <spambaitmeister(a)gmail.com>

>> i.e. he is a troll.

>> Yrrah

| If your definition of a troll is an individual who sifts through these
| posts, disregarding the immature collection of 6th grade recess
| taunts, in the hopes of gleaning some worthy bits of software App
| knowledge or wisdom, then I plead guilty.

| Though tedious at times, I have plucked gems from the posts of the
| more astute contributors, with Yrrah being among that group, at
| times. I'm disappointed in you, Yrrah.

You did NOT answer my question.

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Teflon" <spambaitmeister(a)gmail.com>

>> I'm sorry -- Where is the malware ?
>> You ask if FoxIt and Opera are known to be malwrae distributers (and you state that
>> ONLY
>> in the subject and failed to put that in the body of your post) and fail to provide
>> and
>> information or evidence of "malware".

| Excuse me, Dave, no where in my post did I 'state' that FoxIt and
| Opera were malware distributors. I merely asked a question, which is
| considerably different from making a statement. Therefore, your
| defense of these two vendors may be premature.

| As to the malware that prompted the question, I guess that depends on
| your definition of malware. My definition would include any uninvited
| thing put on my system that deviously masks its ultimate purpose
| behind a guise of legitimacy. The eBay icon, that is actually a
| pointer to a website that is NOT eBay, fits that definition to a tee.
| Now if you enjoy playing these 'I wonder where this link will take me'
| games, then you probably would not define that as malware.

>> Neither FoxIt or Opera are known to distribute malware!

| Per your definition of malware, not mine.

Your definition of malware does not count. As a Google Grouper you already have low
credibility.
One of my fields is malware. Not the assumption of malware but real malcious software as
being the true definition of malware.
What you have described is not malware and for you to go any further, provide an
obfuscated URL that the shortcut was using.

--
Dave

From: Teflon on
On Aug 11, 2:04 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
wrote:

> Your definition of malware does not count.  As a Google Grouper you already have low
> credibility.
> One of my fields is malware.  Not the assumption of malware but real malcious software as
> being the true definition of malware.
> What you have described is not malware and for you to go any further, provide an
> obfuscated URL that the shortcut was using.

'obfuscated'? WOW, that's a big word Dave. Be careful, there are 6th
graders trying to read this group.

I guess you didn't see my post's reference to - www.adon-demand.de/red/2303/
- the URL that was behind the eBay icon downloaded by either FoxIt or
Opera. The obvious intent was to get a user to click on the eBay
icon, thinking it would take them to eBay, but instead, take them to
another website. According to Webster, that is a classic definition
of 'obfuscated'.

Seems 'Reading Comprehension' isn't one of your 'fields' - nor is
Spelling. 'Malicious' is how you spell that word. Thought you would
want to know, since that's your 'field'.

A happy Google Grouper here.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Royal TS