From: Dyndrilliac on
I'm sick of having everything I need to start my day in Outlook with the
exception of NNTP based services like Newsgroups / UseNet (like this one, for
example). It is a feature that should have always been in Outlook, and I'm
not enough of a sucker to pay anyone another 20-30$ just get a feature
Outlook should have had all along. With that said, does anyone know of any
free NNTP add-ins for Outlook?

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
There are free NNTP clients but no free NNTP addins for Outlook. Frankly, if
you are serious about NNTP and follow very many groups or servers, you'll do
better with another client.

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/news.htm for NNTP addins.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

From: Gordon on

"Dyndrilliac" <Dyndrilliac(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm sick of having everything I need to start my day in Outlook with the
> exception of NNTP based services like Newsgroups / UseNet (like this one,
> for
> example). It is a feature that should have always been in Outlook,

Err no. Outlook was/is designed primarily for CORPORATE use and most
corporations do NOT want their employees wasting their time on Usenet.....

From: Terry R. on
On 10/30/2009 2:28 PM On a whim, Gordon pounded out on the keyboard

> "Dyndrilliac"<Dyndrilliac(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm sick of having everything I need to start my day in Outlook with the
>> exception of NNTP based services like Newsgroups / UseNet (like this one,
>> for
>> example). It is a feature that should have always been in Outlook,
>
> Err no. Outlook was/is designed primarily for CORPORATE use and most
> corporations do NOT want their employees wasting their time on Usenet.....

Yeah, just on MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, iTunes, etc...

Terry R.