From: Steve on
I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.
From: Randal L. Schwartz on

Steve> I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
Steve> tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.

What cell phones support Perl?

<merlyn(a)stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
From: Steve on
On Mar 29, 9:28 am, mer...(a)stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:

> Steve> I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
> Steve> tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.
>
> What cell phones support Perl?
>
> print "Just another Perl hacker,"; # the original

> <mer...(a)stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
> Seehttp://methodsandmessages.vox.com/for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

A friend of a friend works at a company that makes programs for cell
phones and apparently they use perl...
No smart phones support perl? Really?
From: Ted Zlatanov on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:28:31 -0700 merlyn(a)stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:

Steve> I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
Steve> tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.

RLS> What cell phones support Perl?

Nokia N900 (Maemo) does. The upcoming Meego which is the followup to
Maemo also should. I've used Maemo on the N800/N810 tablets and it
works fine, just another ARM port of Linux.

The iPhone can also run Perl.

Ted
From: Ben Morrow on

Quoth merlyn(a)stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz):

> Steve> I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
> Steve> tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.
>
> What cell phones support Perl?

Jarkko did a Symbian port, which works-in-principle but is kinda
useless. (Nokia phones run Symbian, in general.)

Ben