From: RedGrittyBrick on
On 29/03/2010 18:08, Steve wrote:

>> Steve> I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
>> Steve> tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.
>>
>> What cell phones support Perl?
>>
>> print "Just another Perl hacker,"; # the original
>>
>> --
>> Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
>> <mer...(a)stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
>> Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
>> Seehttp://methodsandmessages.vox.com/for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion
>
> A friend of a friend works at a company that makes programs for cell
> phones and apparently they use perl...
> No smart phones support perl? Really?

It's hardly a mainstream phone app-dev language. I'd guess you might be
able to hack Perl and maybe even Perl/Tk onto an Android, Maemo, WebOS
phone or Jailbroken iPhone but I suspect you'd have no market for your
app. I think you'd be much better off looking at Java ME or perhaps
proprietary SDKs like the Objective-C SDK for iPhone. I love Perl but I
don't use it for everything.

I'd look at Java ME. YMMV.

Just my ยค0.02 worth.

--
RGB
From: bugbear on
Steve wrote:
>> Steve> I wanted to know if there were any decent sites out there that have
>> Steve> tutorials for creating perl programs on cell phones.
>>
>> What cell phones support Perl?
>>
>> print "Just another Perl hacker,"; # the original
>>
>> --
>> Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
>> <mer...(a)stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
>> Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
>> Seehttp://methodsandmessages.vox.com/for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion
>
> A friend of a friend works at a company that makes programs for cell
> phones and apparently they use perl...

So ask your friend.

BugBear