From: Mike Russell on
Sally, having swallowed cheese,
Directs down holes the scented breeze,
Enticing thus with baited breath
Nice mice to an untimely death.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bai1.htm
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: Grimly Curmudgeon on
drugs began to take hold. I remember RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> saying
something like:

>Dpreview.
>Sigma UK to start shipping SD15 digital camera

Was that an old post that got stuck in your outbox?
From: RichA on
On Jun 12, 1:06 pm, Robert Coe <b...(a)1776.COM> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 07:21:02 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> : The Sigma cameras remind me of how the large corporation kept Howard
> : Beal on the air in the movie "Network."  The big corporation wanted
> : him kept on the air (despite the fact he had poor ratings), to serve
> : a greater purpose.  Sigma sells lower-tier lenses and for some reason,
> : they believe they need a kind of mascot for them, even thought that
> : mascot doesn't sell on its own.
>
> Well, why not a lizard or a puppy? That should be cheaper than trying to make
> cameras.
>
> Bob

God, no. I can't stand the silly cellphone ads that use
(inexplicably) animals.
From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Sigma UK to start shipping SD15 digital camera
>Sigma UK has announced the price and availability of the SD15 digital
>SLR. Announced at the Photokina 2008 exhibition, this 14MP camera

They're still lying in order to push a substandard 4.7MP camera.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Paul Furman on
Robert Coe wrote:
> RichA wrote:
> : Sigma sells lower-tier lenses and for some reason,
> : they believe they need a kind of mascot for them, even thought that
> : mascot doesn't sell on its own.
>
> Well, why not a lizard or a puppy? That should be cheaper than trying to make
> cameras.

The puppy would be good. Abundant & cheap, appealing in spite of being
very messy, with lots of potential to become a big, powerful... dog ;-)