From: Colin B. on
Hey all;

Curious if any of the Sun/Oracle insiders know anything about the next
Solaris update. Normally I would wait patiently, but with Oracle in charge
now, I'm wondering if there will ever _be_ another update.

Cheers,
Colin

From: tkevans on
On May 25, 2:34 pm, "Colin B." <cbi...(a)somewhereelse.shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hey all;
>
> Curious if any of the Sun/Oracle insiders know anything about the next
> Solaris update. Normally I would wait patiently, but with Oracle in charge
> now, I'm wondering if there will ever _be_ another update.

Make sure your service contract is current if you want an update, any
update.
From: Hugo on
Agreed
From: Ian Collins on
On 05/26/10 08:02 AM, Hugo wrote:
> Agreed

With what?

--
Ian Collins
From: Ian Collins on
On 05/26/10 06:34 AM, Colin B. wrote:
> Hey all;
>
> Curious if any of the Sun/Oracle insiders know anything about the next
> Solaris update. Normally I would wait patiently, but with Oracle in charge
> now, I'm wondering if there will ever _be_ another update.

If they do, that won't be able to say. Oracle, unlike dear old Sun,
keeps its plans tightly secured under its hat.

All we do know for sure is there will be an update this year.

--
Ian Collins