From: Mike Rofone on
Doug Jewell wrote...

> Novell Netware used to require F: to be networked to the
> location of the Primary netware share to access the netware
> config and system tools. It's been a long time since I did

Dunno if this is the case here. All we run nowdays seems to be Windows based.

Up until about 5 years ago it was a mixture of Windows 2000 and network
connections to separate networks and applications running under VAX/VMS. These
were industry specific applications, which we've now dumped in favor of more
"modern" systems such as Maximo and other products.

From: Mike Rofone on
John Tserkezis wrote...
> See <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823732> for one of the better ways
> of preventing use of USB storage devices.

Don't show this to our IT people....

:-]

From: terryc on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:58:21 +1000, Doug Jewell wrote:

> Novell Netware used to require F:

Naah, just a default setting way back when two floppies and two hard disk
were extraordinary for most people. You could shift it in the config.

I typically used L: for personal and M: for group, N: for department, etc.