From: Mike Rofone on
I've got an MSI Wind U100 Netbook here. I keep on brushing the trackpad when
typing, so text is changed, cursor position shifted and other uncommanded
actions.

I've searched Device Manager and Control Panel to see if there's a way to
disable the trackpad but without luck.

If I could disable it, that would make the netbook a bit easier to use.

I use a cordless notebook mouse (an MS product - the USB dongle is a short
thing, that sits almost flush with the case of the netbook).

From: Alan Edwards on
Try reading the manual for it. My Acer has the option to disable with
Fn+F7 but I am not familiar with your brand.

From: Bill_h on
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 01:58:11 +1000, Mike Rofone wrote:

> I've got an MSI Wind U100 Netbook here. I keep on brushing the trackpad
> when typing, so text is changed, cursor position shifted and other
> uncommanded actions.
>
> I've searched Device Manager and Control Panel to see if there's a way
> to disable the trackpad but without luck.
>
> If I could disable it, that would make the netbook a bit easier to use.
>
> I use a cordless notebook mouse (an MS product - the USB dongle is a
> short thing, that sits almost flush with the case of the netbook).

Try checking in the Bios. For example you can disable the trackpoint on
Lenovo laptops in the bios.

cheers, Bill

--
Bill_h
From: John Tserkezis on
Alan Edwards wrote:

> Try reading the manual for it. My Acer has the option to disable with
> Fn+F7 but I am not familiar with your brand.

Arrg dammit. I went to the trouble of removing the driver, then got
fed up with not being able to use it in a pinch on my lap without a
mouse, then reloaded the drivers and went to the trouble of learning the
key windows combinations along with up/down/left/right/tab to enable the
driver "manually".

Having worked it out, I was feeling pretty satisfied at this point, and
you had to tell me to Fn+F7 it.

I so seldom use the function keys I never look past the
internal/external video key.

Now excuse me while I take a bit of my own medicine and actually READ
the damn manual this time...
From: me here on
Dr Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF wrote:

> Mike Rofone wrote:
> > I've got an MSI Wind U100 Netbook here. I keep on brushing the
> > trackpad when typing, so text is changed, cursor position shifted
> > and other uncommanded actions.
> >
> > I've searched Device Manager and Control Panel to see if there's a
> > way to disable the trackpad but without luck.
> >
> > If I could disable it, that would make the netbook a bit easier to
> > use.
> >
> > I use a cordless notebook mouse (an MS product - the USB dongle is
> > a short thing, that sits almost flush with the case of the netbook).
>
> My Sony lappie comes with some software called the VIAO Control
> Center that lets you disable the built-in pointing device, the logo
> lamp, the S Button, etc. so its more than likely you've got an app.
> Toshiba's have an app too.

You just press a dedicated button on my Compaq Presario 2200.

Easy.

But then it was made a decade ago, when everything was more simple.