From: Fast Freddy on
Mike Rofone wrote:

try the mouse preferences in the control panel, on one particular
notebook I found the touchpad annoying.

so I set it when the mouse was plugged in the touchpad was disabled but
still works when the mouse is not used.

From: Clocky on
Mike Rofone wrote:
> I've got an MSI Wind U100 Netbook here. I keep on brushing the
> trackpad when typing, so text is changed, cursor position shifted and
> other uncommanded actions.
>
> I've searched Device Manager and Control Panel to see if there's a
> way to disable the trackpad but without luck.
>
> If I could disable it, that would make the netbook a bit easier to
> use.
>
> I use a cordless notebook mouse (an MS product - the USB dongle is a
> short thing, that sits almost flush with the case of the netbook).

Smack it with a hammer, or alternatively...

http://netbooknotebooklaptop.com/msi-wind-trackpad-touchpad-driving-crazy/

From: Mike Rofone on
Alan Edwards wrote...

> Try reading the manual for it. My Acer has the option to disable with
> Fn+F7 but I am not familiar with your brand.

Yeah, just looked it up. It's Fn F3.

I'll have a play with it later, see how it goes. I'm hoping that it's the cause
of the cursor moving around the place and placing it paragraphs above where I'm
typing, or when whole sections of text get highlighted, that sort of thing.

If it's still doing it with the track/touchpad disabled then we have a problem
with the keyboard, and one that came out of the box.