From: avakhnin on

i have Asus a33 running vista premium MCE. I get video over HDMI to my
TV but no audio. when i try using analog RCA i get very low sound. In
device manager i see that driver is installed. Any suggestions? Any body
else experience same problem? Installing PCI sound card is an option?
any suggestion on cheap sound card what would work with my setup. Thanks

From: Paul on
avakhnin wrote:
> i have Asus a33 running vista premium MCE. I get video over HDMI to my
> TV but no audio. when i try using analog RCA i get very low sound. In
> device manager i see that driver is installed. Any suggestions? Any body
> else experience same problem? Installing PCI sound card is an option?
> any suggestion on cheap sound card what would work with my setup. Thanks

Download directory.

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/DigitalHome/DAV/A33/

User manual (as far as I know, only a Chinese manual is available).

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/DigitalHome/DAV/A33/Traditional_Chinese_Manual.zip

See PDF page 32, for a picture of the control panel to enable
audio over HDMI. I can't read Chinese, so I can't help you more than
that.

Paul
From: Dave on
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:12:51 -0400, Paul <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote:

>avakhnin wrote:
>> i have Asus a33 running vista premium MCE. I get video over HDMI to my
>> TV but no audio. when i try using analog RCA i get very low sound. In
>> device manager i see that driver is installed. Any suggestions? Any body
>> else experience same problem? Installing PCI sound card is an option?
>> any suggestion on cheap sound card what would work with my setup. Thanks
>>

>Download directory.
>
>ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/DigitalHome/DAV/A33/
>
>User manual (as far as I know, only a Chinese manual is available).
>
>ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/DigitalHome/DAV/A33/Traditional_Chinese_Manual.zip
>
>See PDF page 32, for a picture of the control panel to enable
>audio over HDMI. I can't read Chinese, so I can't help you more than
>that.
>
> Paul

Thanks very much Paul.

When I fired up the comp this morning I got an official Microsoft
update of the Marvell Miniport Driver and it seems to have fixed the
problem.

Thanks again.

Dave
From: avakhnin on

Dave

you mentioned that you were able to get Asus a33 to work with windows
7. I installed 32bit version of Win 7 and everything worked fine except
no audio over HDMI. Did you have to do anything special? I dont even see
HDMI option in audio settings. Also I still have unknown device in
device manager and i suspect i may not have chip set driver installed or
wrong audio driver . And my AC control doesnt work (missing driver?) If
you have downloaded any drivers, please share links. Thanks a lot

Andrei