From: dylanbeckett on
On Feb 6, 3:40 pm, "Grant" <G...(a)Mcleod40.fsnet.co.ku.com> wrote:
> TheAsussite seems to be devoid of anything to do withVistaand older
> motherboard as regard to support of any kind drivers etc.
>
> So does any one here have any experience of installingVistaHome Premium
> either 32/64 on aP5GD2-Deluxe.

Grant,

A little late, but...

I can't vouch for Home Premium, but I was able to get that same
motherboard working with Vista Business in just a few moments. Go
ahead and download the Windows XP device drivers for the motherboard
and (1) install each driver by "selecting from a list" and then choose
the "Have disk" option and (2) run Vista's updater application. Once
you've had the updates installed (mostly standard windows updates for
me), reboot, and repeat the update step - at that point you should see
updated drivers for almost all of the on-board devices. I'm still
having trouble with the on-board sound, but I guess you can't win them
all...

Hope that helps!