From: Neva Tavoada on
I am having a similar problem, but this seems to be happening on some recipients. I tested this by sending an email from my home computer (which uses Outlook 2007) with my resume attached (Word 2003 doc format). I received the email in my work email (which uses Outlook 2003) and the attachment was intact - not problem. I sent the same email to a recruiter at Comsys, and they received gibberish and no attachment. Go figure!

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/Attachments-appear-as-gibberish-in-the-body
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Neva Tavoada" <user(a)msgroups.net/> wrote in message

>I am having a similar problem, but this seems to be happening on some
>recipients. I tested this by
> sending an email from my home computer (which uses Outlook 2007) with my
> resume attached
> (Word 2003 doc format). I received the email in my work email (which uses
> Outlook 2003) and the
> attachment was intact - not problem. I sent the same email to a recruiter
> at Comsys, and they
> received gibberish and no attachment. Go figure!

If you're going to use a brain-dead posting site, at least insert some line
breaks so your paragraph isn't all one big long line.

The problem you describe is most often cause by the recipient scanning
incomoing messages with an antivirus program. Uninstalling the scanner and
reinstalling it without the mail scanning feature usually fixes it. It can
also be caused by you sending Rich Text messages, since only Outlook can read
Rich Text messages and the recruiter may not use Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Pages: 1
Prev: Outlook Will Not Open