From: Jethro on
I put a computer together from parts, and it has a problem I have
never encountered before. The audio (e.g. a singer's voice) is a
little fast similar to what would happen from playing a tape at too
fast a speed. Is there an adjustment somewhere for this? I sure
can't find it. Maybe the sound card is bad or not set up right?

I am running XP PRO SP2.

Thanks
From: UCLAN on
Jethro wrote:

> I put a computer together from parts, and it has a problem I have
> never encountered before. The audio (e.g. a singer's voice) is a
> little fast similar to what would happen from playing a tape at too
> fast a speed. Is there an adjustment somewhere for this? I sure
> can't find it. Maybe the sound card is bad or not set up right?

Audio from *what* source?
From: Jethro on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:24:12 -0800, UCLAN <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote:

>Audio from *what* source?

Good question. Sorry.

From two CDs that played fine in other players.
From: Allen on
On 1/19/2010 1:49 PM, Jethro wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:24:12 -0800, UCLAN<invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>

>> Audio from *what* source?
>

> Good question. Sorry.
>
> From two CDs that played fine in other players.
I can't help, but it might be helpful to know whether the sound
frequency is also higher.
Allen
From: kony on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:19:04 -0500, Jethro
<wilson(a)somewhere.org> wrote:

>I put a computer together from parts, and it has a problem I have
>never encountered before. The audio (e.g. a singer's voice) is a
>little fast similar to what would happen from playing a tape at too
>fast a speed. Is there an adjustment somewhere for this? I sure
>can't find it. Maybe the sound card is bad or not set up right?
>
>I am running XP PRO SP2.
>
>Thanks

Try playing it with another audio player, I suspect a bug in
the software.