From: Martin on
How many VO programmers are there in Austrailia or NZ?

We are looking for info. on the country.

Thanks

Martin

From: Geoff Schaller on
Martin,

What do you want to know and why? And then what do you want to do with
the information?

Back when I was running VO conferences and distributing VO for GrafX the
numbers were roughly 400 VO developers in Oz in about 150 companies. The
largest VO workshop had 10 developers. I have the names still of about
200 of them, the others choose anonymity. NZ had 4 companies and 12
names on my list.

That was 3 years ago.

I have not kept the list up to date now because I have no reason to but
I still correspond routinely with about half that number. This is
typical of VO everywhere. The audience has contracted by about half in 3
years and will halve again in the next three. Most are moving to C# but
some are leaving the game altogether.

Geoff