From: 83Dons on
Hi

I am trying to get the Authoware Web Player installed at a local University.
They are saying there are problems in Licensing and quoting the following Adobe
Technote:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14236&sliceId=2

How do you go about deploying the webplayer currently to a large organisation.
Are there Player Distribution Agreement you can get from Adobe somewhere?

From: Erik L. **Community Expert** on
Yeah, for some reason Adobe no longer provides the Authorware Web Player
for download, specifically, so you can distribute it internally. It
doesn't say your Not Allowed to do that, it just doesn't provide an easy
download of the player and 'suggests' that if you did distribute the
player internally before, please grab it from Adobe's site directly now...
....which is a bit ridiculous if you have several client computers,
especially considering the unreliability of installing the plugin from
Adobe's site since the merger with Macromedia (see other posts here and
the forums about users unable to download the web player).

SO, indeed, technically it doesn't look like internal distribution is an
option any more. On the side, I would imagine (guess! suppose!) Adobe
wouldn't really have a problem with an organization doing a mass
internal deployment of the player, and it's easy to obtain the player
through other means (note the location of the player from any HTML page
that has the player object tags).

But if you need 'official' approval then, yeap, you're apparently pretty
much out of luck.
Erik

--
Erik Lord
http://www.capemedia.net
From: Tony on
Is there anyone who can please make available a copy of
"authorware_web_player_installers.zip" so that I can set up a player
distribution, if necessary.

I don't want to be left high and dry if Adobe decides to stop making the
player available.

Many thanks

"Erik L. **Community Expert**" <erik(a)pasdespam.capemedia.net> wrote in
message news:g81f36$drg$1(a)forums.macromedia.com...

From: Erik L. **Community Expert** on
You can find the 'cab' files yourself by publishing a web-packaged
Authorware piece, ensuring the HTML behind it carries the object tag for
the player, and checking that code.
For example, result is:

<object classid="CLSID:15B782AF-55D8-11D1-B477-006097098764"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/authorware/awswaxd.cab#version=2004,0,0,73">
<param name="SRC" value="MapFile.aam">
<embed src="MapFile.aam"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=AWPfull"type="application/x-authorware-map">
</embed>
</object>

You can see the URL for the IE and non-IE players within. I'm not sure
which version is specified there ("awswaxd" = 'full', I think) but you
can be certain by going through the publishing process and selecting
which version you want in the OBP options....though it'll likely give
you the v7 player, so change the final #version to the same you see above.
If that's not too confusing ;-)
Erik

From: Tony on
Thanks Eric. The 2004 version of the cab file below, works with all earlier
versions of Authorware doesn't it ?

"Erik L. **Community Expert**" <erik(a)pasdespam.capemedia.net> wrote in
message news:g93lih$fqg$1(a)forums.macromedia.com...