From: runnforfunn on
I am currently enrolled in an online course through Johns Hopkins University
that requires the Adobe authorware player to teach its lessons. The lessons are
accessible through cybered.com. Everytime I try to install the Authorware
player, a window appears titled "Plugin LaunchApp" and inside the window, it
says "Access Denied." I tried installing the Adobe Flash Player because I
thought that this was the "plugin" that I needed. Unfortunately, that still did
not help when I tried installing the authorware player again.
My computer model is the Presario V6000 and I have Windows Vista. I also have
Internet Explorer. I don't know what this window means though; can you please
help? I'm desperate because I really need to start this distance education
program, and the authorware player is obviously essential to the program.

From: Amy Blankenship on

"runnforfunn" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
>I am currently enrolled in an online course through Johns Hopkins
>University
> that requires the Adobe authorware player to teach its lessons. The
> lessons are
> accessible through cybered.com. Everytime I try to install the Authorware
> player, a window appears titled "Plugin LaunchApp" and inside the window,
> it
> says "Access Denied." I tried installing the Adobe Flash Player because I
> thought that this was the "plugin" that I needed. Unfortunately, that
> still did
> not help when I tried installing the authorware player again.
> My computer model is the Presario V6000 and I have Windows Vista. I also
> have
> Internet Explorer. I don't know what this window means though; can you
> please
> help? I'm desperate because I really need to start this distance education
> program, and the authorware player is obviously essential to the program.

Are you an admin user or just an ordinary user?

I suspect that if you contact Johns Hopkins Tech support, they will have
encountered this problem before and will be more familiar with the details
of their own deployment.

HTH;

Amy

From: Manfred Kellermann on
runnforfunn schrieb:
> I am currently enrolled in an online course through Johns Hopkins University
> that requires the Adobe authorware player to teach its lessons. The lessons are
> accessible through cybered.com. Everytime I try to install the Authorware
> player, a window appears titled "Plugin LaunchApp" and inside the window, it
> says "Access Denied." I tried installing the Adobe Flash Player because I
> thought that this was the "plugin" that I needed. Unfortunately, that still did
> not help when I tried installing the authorware player again.
> My computer model is the Presario V6000 and I have Windows Vista. I also have
> Internet Explorer. I don't know what this window means though; can you please
> help? I'm desperate because I really need to start this distance education
> program, and the authorware player is obviously essential to the program.

Try to disable Vista IE 7 Protected Mode in Internet Options - Security

HTH
Manfred