From: Shirley on
Cannot get this to stay at automatic. Any thoughts why?

New workbook, nothing complicated (b2/b3). I save the document, reopen and
set to recalculate. The next day when I open, it's back to manual.

I hate when things weird out.

From: Fred Smith on
The recalculation setting comes from the first workbook you open. Do you
have another workbook that has its setting to manual?

Regards,
Fred

From: Bernard Liengme on
As a follow on to Fred's answer - do you have workbooks in the XLSTART
folder?
These will open every time you start Excel and could be hidden
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP