From: Jim S on
T'bird saves the email address of anyone I post to without me having to
tell it. Does Outlook 2007 do the same and if so where does it save them?
If not, can I force it to do this?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
From: Gordon on

"Jim S" <jim(a)jimXscott.co.uk> wrote in message
> T'bird saves the email address of anyone I post to without me having to
> tell it. Does Outlook 2007 do the same and if so where does it save them?
> If not, can I force it to do this?

No it doesn't natively.
See if anything here helps:

http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.asp

From: DL on
Manual method
In their msg, rt click over their address, add to Contacts

From: VanguardLH on
Jim S wrote:

> T'bird saves the email address of anyone I post to without me having to
> tell it. Does Outlook 2007 do the same and if so where does it save them?
> If not, can I force it to do this?

In Outlook 2003:

- Actions menu -> Junk E-mail -> Junk E-mail Settings.
- Safe Senders tab.
- Enable "Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders list".

This will save that sender in the Safe Senders whitelist. It does not add
them to your contacts list. I figure Outlook 2007 should have something
similar to the Safe Senders whitelist and the mentioned option.