From: jrrock26 on
I'm currently using excel 2003 and am trying to figure out how to update
multiple worksheets within the same workbook by just inputting data into one
sheet. Ex: I have four sheets in the workbook. One is an overall tracking
sheet and the other three are tracking by specific area. I would like to fill
out the main sheet and then have that information automatically updated inot
one of the other three sheets based on certain criteria. Please give any
input.
From: Nadine on
Can you provide more information? Are you using formulas in the other
worksheets in order to populate the data? Are you summing the data,
counting, etc?

From: jrrock26 on
Actually it doesn't involve any numerical calculations. I have a report out
sheet for tracking different work areas in 1 sheet. Then I have seperate work
sheets to break it down to individual work areas. I record all data into the
main work sheet and then copy and paste entire lines into other work sheets
based on the department that line pertains to. So what i would like to do is
say work area a,b, and c have information stored on 1 sheet together. I want
to keep track of that info together, but at the same time I want to copy and
paste all criteria for "a" to the sheet for area "a" and then the same for b
and c.