From: Lisa on
I'm trying to create an analysis sheet that gathers data from 100 worksheets
within the same workbook.

I want the same cell reference in each sheet, but to change the sheet number
in each cell.

The worksheets are named 1 - 100

Here is the formula: ='1'!B3:E3

It changes the cell references only, not the worksheets.

I've changed the formula to keep the cell references: ='1'!$B$3:$E$3

I now need the formula to increment the sheet number each time, PLEASE!!!

Thanks, Lisa
From: Pete_UK on
Presumably you want to sum data from that range? Try this:

=SUM(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A1)&"'!B3:E3"))

then copy that down as far as you need.

Hope this helps.

Pete

From: Stefi on
Not sure what do you want because your formula ='1'!$B$3:$E$3 gives a #VALUE
error when entered in a single cell.

If you want to collect single cell values to single cells, e.g.
='1'!$B$3

in row2 of the summary sheet and you want to change sheet names when the
formula is filled down then use this:

=INDIRECT("'"&ROW()-1&"'!B3")

Otherwise please clarfy your request!

--
Regards!
Stefi

From: Lisa on
hi,

Thanks for that. I altered it to read:

=INDIRECT("'"&ROW()-13&"'!B3:E3")

It works!
Thanks and Regards, Lisa

From: Lisa on
Thanks, I have combined what both posts advised and ended up with this for
the sum cells:

=SUM(INDIRECT("'"&ROW()-13&"'!E98"))

Thanks and Regards, Lisa

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> Presumably you want to sum data from that range? Try this:
>
> =SUM(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A1)&"'!B3:E3"))
>
> then copy that down as far as you need.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Mar 9, 9:37 am, Lisa <L...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to create an analysis sheet that gathers data from 100 worksheets
> > within the same workbook.
> >
> > I want the same cell reference in each sheet, but to change the sheet number
> > in each cell.
> >
> > The worksheets are named 1 - 100
> >
> > Here is the formula: ='1'!B3:E3
> >
> > It changes the cell references only, not the worksheets.
> >
> > I've changed the formula to keep the cell references: ='1'!$B$3:$E$3
> >
> > I now need the formula to increment the sheet number each time, PLEASE!!!
> >
> > Thanks, Lisa
>
> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2