From: Louja on
Hi,

On my file I get a list of accounts. I have a look up which lets me
know which account belongs to which individual.

I need to know how many different individuals there are each day.
There can be a lot of change with new accounts etc so was thinking of
doing a pivot table and somehow using a COUNT function but am not sure
if this is going to work or if there is a better alternative.

Thanks

Louisa
From: Louja on
Also, I need to be able to know which group each individual belongs to
(which I also assign via a lookup) so that I can split headcount by
group and also office.

Thanks again

Louisa
From: Bob Phillips on
You can count the individuals with

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100<>""),1/(COUNTIF(B1:B100,B1:B100&""))

--

HTH

Bob

From: Louja on
I get that formula and it works well for all the individuals but say I
wanted to count how many different individuals were in London / Paris
(see below) how would I get this to work

Name Group
Adam Smith London
John Pickles Paris
Lee Adams Paris
Ben Jones London
Adam Smith London
John Pickles Paris

Thanks again

Louisa
From: Bob Phillips on
Why didn't you say so?

Use this array formula

=SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(B2:B100="Paris",MATCH(A2:A100,A2:A100,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(A2:A100))))>0))