From: naveed on
I'm creating a CAB file which contains _setup.xml. Is there a way I can
automatically launch an application withing the cab file after or during the
install?

Also, is there a way I can get a list of the verbs used in the _setup.xml?

Thanks.

From: Bill Stelzel on
There's no way to automatically launch an application, however you can write
a setup.dll that will launch an application during Install_Exit(). There's a
sample in the Pocket PC SDK called Setupdll that you can look at.

Not all of the provisioning xml used in _setup.xml is documented. What is
can be found at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms890067.aspx. If
this link is fails try searching for "provisioning xml" on the msdn website.

Incidentally the elements of the provisioning xml are more like "nouns"
instead of "verbs". The WAP provisioning XML format is not really command
driven, but instead descriptive. The XML describes the desired configuration
of the device and the device generates whatever actions it needs to match
the configuration.

--
Bill Stelzel
blog: http://codingmobile.billstelzel.com