From: amiliab on
I have a form based on a main table of geographic features. However, for all
new records, I would like to have the Geography Feature ID field autofill
based on a separate table of allowable values. I would use the autonumber
format for this, however, the allowable values are a list of letter codes
(i.e. AAAA through to AAAZ). I already have several records with acceptable
codes...however I would like all future records to pull ID's from this table.

What would be the best way to go about this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

From: orange via AccessMonster.com on
amiliab wrote:
>I have a form based on a main table of geographic features. However, for all
>new records, I would like to have the Geography Feature ID field autofill
>based on a separate table of allowable values. I would use the autonumber
>format for this, however, the allowable values are a list of letter codes
>(i.e. AAAA through to AAAZ). I already have several records with acceptable
>codes...however I would like all future records to pull ID's from this table.
>
>What would be the best way to go about this?
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
What have you tried so far? How are your tables structured?