From: jdenegal on
Why doesn't the autofit height in excel work properly ?
--
jpd414
From: Gord Dibben on
Generally it does if the row has not been previously set to a defined value.

Or if you do not have merged cells.

Or if you do not have a ruddy great amount of text in a cell.

It may not work properly in your situation but we don't have any details.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Emil Nasirov Emil on
Hi, Gordon.
I saw your response and I can say there is nothing to do with any of these
options in my case. In general it is something with wrap text, I think

The issue is this:
I have a spreadsheet with about 20 rows. In the row of interest all sells
have one line of text, except two cells, which have two lines of text. But
when I do AutoFit Row Height, it adjusts row to the height of three lines of
text. When I uncheck "Wrap text" on one of cells which has two lines of text,
whole row autofits to two lines normally.

It is not such an issue, but I'm just wondering what's the problem. As I
mentioned, no great amount of text, no merged cells, no pre-set row height
and I am running XL 2003 SP3.

Thanks in advance.