From: Seanie on
How could I achieve the following via formula

I want to add up all the instances that certain numbers appear in Col
B with their corresponding values in COL D e.g. if 1 or 3 or 6 or 20
or 26 or 30 or 55 appears in Row1 then add the value that appears in
Row1 COL D and do this for every row in sheet where a values exist in
COL B.

I know how I could do it if I was looking for only 1 instance in ColB,
but the multi instances has me guessing

Thanks
From: Fred Smith on
You want Sumif, as in:
=sumif(B:B,1,D:D)

Regards,
Fred

From: Seanie on
Thanks, that would be ideal if I could do =SUMIF(B:B,1,2,3,4,5,D:D),
but it only takes 1 criteria

From: JLatham on
If the ,1,2,3,4,5 part means sum them if value in B equals any one of those 5
values, then simply write a longish formula for all cases:

=SUMIF(B:B,1,D:D)+SUMIF(B:B,2,D:D)+SUMIF(B:B,3,D:D)+SUMIF(B:B,4,D:D)+SUMIF(B:B,5,D:D)

You only have to do it once.

From: Seanie on
Is there any limit to the 'longish' formula? Something tells me 8 is
the limit