From: MMP57 on

Of course I download Microsoft Updates, automatically, all the time. I don't
understand what that has to do with the Outlook backup tool not working
properly.

I do need the backup tool, daily, because there is important professional
email information that I want to have absolutely updated and backed up on a
daily basis. And it is very convenient to perform that backup automatically
after closing down Outlook for the day... If the backup tool were working
properly.

Outlook is closing down completely, and yet the backup tool is not backing
up what it should. So, yes, you can go wrong, dead wrong, even with Outlook
closed.