From: Pbrent on
I have an invoice form in which I would like to automatically insert the
price based on the item selection in another cell. My data is a small table,
2 columns one for item, one for price. On my invoice for, I am able to
select my item from a drop down box, now I would like to automatically fill
the price column based on the item selection. What formula or function do I
need to use.
From: Gary''s Student on
Use VLOOKUP()
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

From: Roger Govier on
Hi

Assuming your pricing data are on Sheet2 in columns A and B.
Also assuming that your item selection is in column C, on sheet1
In cell D2
=IF(C2="","",VLOOKUP(C2,Sheet2!$A:$B,2,0))
--
Regards
Roger Govier