From: sharkeyboy on
Hi,

Could somebody point me in the right direction if its possible that is
on automating an upload to a sharepoint list. I have an excel report
that is produced on a dialy basis and I would like that to be linked
to the sharepoint list without my having to do anything. I do not
have access to write code in sharepoint due to the IT departments
restrictions but I was wondering if you could just point a sharepoint
list at an excel file and it would show that file.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
From: Storm! Sams on
One thought: Instead of targeting this as an SharePoint solution, re-
create your Excel workbook as an OBA (Office Business Application) so
you can write code leveraging WSS to upload your file. If you have
VSTO and Visual Studio, give it a try.

From: More on
On Dec 11, 11:07 am, sharkeyboy <sharkeym...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could somebody point me in the right direction if its possible that is
> on automating an upload to a sharepoint list.  I have an excel report
> that is produced on a dialy basis and I would like that to be linked
> to the sharepoint list without my having to do anything.  I do not
> have access to write code in sharepoint due to the IT departments
> restrictions but I was wondering if you could just point a sharepoint
> list at an excel file and it would show that file.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark

I guess you need daily upload from Excel to Sharepoint List.
One of the ways is to have Window's scheduler load Access database,
which on opening automatically runs macro.
The macro takes data from this linked Excel and copies to SharePoint
list.
In Access you will have to link both the Excel file as well as
SharePoint list.
Other way should be Excel services.
From: Lanceter on
On Dec 12, 3:07 am, sharkeyboy <sharkeym...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could somebody point me in the right direction if its possible that is
> on automating an upload to a sharepoint list.  I have an excel report
> that is produced on a dialy basis and I would like that to be linked
> to the sharepoint list without my having to do anything.  I do not
> have access to write code in sharepoint due to the IT departments
> restrictions but I was wondering if you could just point a sharepoint
> list at an excel file and it would show that file.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark

What version of SharePoint do you have? Standard or Enterprise? This
will determine if you have Excel Services, which would be the easiest
way of creating the s/s.

Also, does IT have a governance policy which covers user developed
models? Ideally they should, and it should cover audit / validation
prior to publication of important information.