From: ~BD~ on
David Kaye wrote:
> "The Real Truth MVP"<trt(a)void.com> wrote:
>

>> Where on this page does it say [....]
>
> That's it. Into the killfile you go. Have fun talking to yourself.

Your clock is still wrong David! ;-)

Out of interest, *are* you using version 5 of Avast!???

--
Dave
From: David Kaye on
sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:

> I rolled back the registry and eliminated it, but I'm rather pissed that
>the latest Avast did not see it at all.

For the record "the lastest version" means exactly that, 5.0.462. I'm
wondering what part of "latest version" people don't understand.

Anyhow, back to our story...MB found it, Avast didn't. The ave.exe malware
program has been out there for some time. I first saw it almost a year
ago. I'm really surprised and disappointed that Avast didn't see it, and I'm
inclined to rethink whether I should encourage my customers to use it.

From: Bullwinkle on
It is easy to see why you and pcbutts formed a partnership.

Downlow often with him?

"~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
Peter Foldes wrote:
> Finally you got it

You are losing it, Peter Foldes.

Bad blood I expect.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>

| sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:

>> I rolled back the registry and eliminated it, but I'm rather pissed that
>>the latest Avast did not see it at all.

| For the record "the lastest version" means exactly that, 5.0.462. I'm
| wondering what part of "latest version" people don't understand.

| Anyhow, back to our story...MB found it, Avast didn't. The ave.exe malware
| program has been out there for some time. I first saw it almost a year
| ago. I'm really surprised and disappointed that Avast didn't see it, and I'm
| inclined to rethink whether I should encourage my customers to use it.

I wonder how Avira AntiVir would have done in its place.

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hello, David!

I would have shiped it to http://www.virustotal.com/
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca