From: Vixter on
Hi,
I work for a charity organisation. Every month we raise more money than the
previous month. Can someone assist with how to work out an average increase
over a few months. My donation amount column is formatted currency, but I
need the answer to be an average percentage increase.
Thanks.
From: Jacob Skaria on
With data arranged as below in cell C3 enter the below formula

=(B3-B2)/B2
and format the formula cell to %

Col A Col B Col C
Month Amount % increase
Jan-10 $50.00
Feb-10 $100.00 100%
Mar-10 $150.00 50%
Apr-10 $180.00 20%
May-10 $190.00 6%
Jun-10 $200.00 5%
Jul-10 $210.00 5%
Aug-10 $220.00 5%
Sep-10 $230.00 5%

--
Jacob

From: Vixter on
Hi Jacob.
You really are an excel boffin - It never crossed my mind to add an extra
column. I do have a cell that calculates the increase from the last month but
your way works better.
Thanks.