From: Dave on
Hi all,

I've got an issue where I need a formula that when I put a date (or any
value) in cell A1, the text 'Closed' is automatically entered in cell B1
- I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before (probably used it too), but
I've searched in vain - can anyone help?

TIA

Dave
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Not conditional format, but in B1 you can use the formula
=IF(A1="","","Closed")
--
David Biddulph

From: Gary Brown on
=IF(LEN(A1)<>0,"Closed","")
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Or you could shorten that to =IF(LEN(A1)>0,"Closed",""), as it is unlikely
that LEN will be negative. :-)
--
David Biddulph

From: Dave on
On 26/01/2010 16:13, Dave wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got an issue where I need a formula that when I put a date (or any
> value) in cell A1, the text 'Closed' is automatically entered in cell B1
> - I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before (probably used it too), but
> I've searched in vain - can anyone help?
>
> TIA
>

> Dave

Thank you for your help gentlemen - I now feel rather stupid :(

--

Regards

Dave