From: gufus on
Hello, All!

Is any one here using Avira's firewall? it's is included with Avira's
Security Suite. I want to upgrade my servers firewall.

If not... any suggestions for a /good/ firewall would be great.
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>

| Hello, All!

| Is any one here using Avira's firewall? it's is included with Avira's
| Security Suite. I want to upgrade my servers firewall.

| If not... any suggestions for a /good/ firewall would be great.

A good FireWall is a combination of the Windows XP/Vista/Win7 FireWall in conjuntion with
a NAT Router or a FireWall Appliance.

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:22:22 -0400:

FL>> If not... any suggestions for a /good/ firewall would be great.
DHL>
DHL> A good FireWall is a combination of the Windows XP/Vista/Win7 Firewall
DHL> in conjuntion with a NAT Router or a FireWall Appliance.

Some say, Win's XP/Vista/Win7 firewall /ISN'T/ all that good. I do find
that hard to be true.

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: James Egan on

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:31:21 -0600, "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>
wrote:

> DHL> A good FireWall is a combination of the Windows XP/Vista/Win7 Firewall
> DHL> in conjuntion with a NAT Router or a FireWall Appliance.
>
>Some say, Win's XP/Vista/Win7 firewall /ISN'T/ all that good. I do find
>that hard to be true.

And DHL was one of them not so long ago (about xp anyway). Must 've
changed his mind.

Jim.
From: FromTheRafters on
"James Egan" <jegan(a)jegan.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:31:21 -0600, "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> DHL> A good FireWall is a combination of the Windows XP/Vista/Win7
>> Firewall
>> DHL> in conjuntion with a NAT Router or a FireWall Appliance.
>>
>>Some say, Win's XP/Vista/Win7 firewall /ISN'T/ all that good. I do
>>find
>>that hard to be true.
>
> And DHL was one of them not so long ago (about xp anyway). Must 've
> changed his mind.

Maybe around xpsp3?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6