From: ~BD~ on

"Max Wachtel" <maxpro4u(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 May 2010 03:37:36 -0400, wrote:
>
>> I've just scanned my laptop and find a hidden object:-
>>
>> c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\syntplpr.exe
>>
>> Virus Total says it's clean.
>>
>> Can anyone explain, please, why it's showing as being a 'hidden' file?
>>
>> Dave/BD
>
> In the computer world hidden does not equate to bad. Many system files are
> hidden.

That's good to hear! I wonder why none of the othere system files you
mention didn't show up as hidden files. Maybe it was the type of scan I
selected.

> In this case hidden=safe(do not delete).

Noted. Thank you Max. :)

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on

> From: "~BD~" <BoaterDave(a)nospam~@hotmail.co.uk>
>
> | I've just scanned my laptop and find a hidden object:-
>
> | c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\syntplpr.exe
>
> | Virus Total says it's clean.
>
> | Can anyone explain, please, why it's showing as being a 'hidden' file?
>
> | Dave/BD
>

> http://www.synaptics.com/about/contact

Thank you, David.

I have emailed and asked for their view.

--
BD

From: gumby on
On 14/05/2010 6:48 PM, Max Wachtel wrote:

> Perhaps you should get yourself some disk imaging software(it's what I
> use).

I do have Acronis True Image an dWin7 has built in imaging software but
I only image when I first install the OS and drivers and not before
every app install. The image file would be very big if I did that but I
guess it is something I should do because I do have 2.5 TB of external
HDD space.
From: gumby on
On 15/05/2010 1:38 PM, FredW wrote:

> I do a weekly image with Macrium Reflect Free
> http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp
> The image file for my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit this week
> just surpassed 7 GB.
> It takes about 8 minutes to create the image file.
>
> A restore takes less than 15 minutes.
> (you need a "Recovery CD/USB" for Macrium Free.)

OK, thank for the link and I will think about it but my image file would
be quite a bit bigger than 7GB because I have 776.1GB of files spanned
across three 1TB HDDs.