From: UXDBA on
All,

I have master table t ( col1 primary key , col2)
has snapshot log on t
and has Materilased view MV_T on table t ,

Table t has 2 million records.

When I add column col3 in table t with some default value ( -2).
mlog captures all these delta and pushes again 2 million to MV_t.

I want to avoid this delta ( 2 million) to get refreshed to MV_T.

I tried purge mv log/ drop - recreate mv log but all resulting in
ORA-12034

Question/

a) How to avoid this delta refresh as my MV is based on col1 and
col2 ?

Regards

From: joel garry on
On Apr 10, 12:51 am, UXDBA <unixdb...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have master table t ( col1 primary key , col2)
> has snapshot log on t
> and has Materilased view    MV_T on table t ,
>
> Table t has 2 million records.
>
> When I add column col3 in table t with some default value ( -2).
> mlog captures all these delta and pushes again 2 million to MV_t.
>
> I want to avoid this delta ( 2 million) to get refreshed to MV_T.
>
> I tried purge mv log/ drop - recreate mv log but all resulting in
> ORA-12034
>
> Question/
>
> a) How to avoid this delta refresh as my MV is based on col1 and
> col2 ?
>
> Regards

Try googling on "Broken Materialized Views and ORA-12034"

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/11/churchgoers-said-fall-victim-ponzi-scheme/