From: Richard Maher on
Hi,

If I have an SELECT query that is ended FOR UPDATE OF; (specifying no
specific tables) and I also invoke a User Defined Function (via column
select expression, or WHERE predicate, or FGAC) will any and all select
statements within that UDF also be instructed to lock the rows that they
touch?

Regards Richard Maher

From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 09:22:15 +0800, Richard Maher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I have an SELECT query that is ended FOR UPDATE OF; (specifying no
> specific tables) and I also invoke a User Defined Function (via column
> select expression, or WHERE predicate, or FGAC) will any and all select
> statements within that UDF also be instructed to lock the rows that they
> touch?
>
> Regards Richard Maher

My understanding is that only the rows that the query would return would
actually be locked but I haven't tested. Here is something that you can
test and report back to us.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com