From: Malcolm Dew-Jones on
(Does anyone see these posts? I am not sure our news feed/server is
working.)

I am using XE on Vista at home. Whenever I get a pl/sql error then I
don't see the text of the message, only the number. Can anyone suggest
what to do to get the full message?

E.g.
SQL> exec proc_that_doesnt_exist
PLS-00201: Message 201 not found; No message file for product=plsql,
facility=PCM

Thanks for any feedback
Malcom Dew-Jones
From: ddf on
On Apr 3, 11:58 pm, yf...(a)vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Malcolm Dew-Jones)
wrote:
> (Does anyone see these posts?  I am not sure our news feed/server is
> working.)
>
> I am using XE on Vista at home.  Whenever I get a pl/sql error then I
> don't see the text of the message, only the number.  Can anyone suggest
> what to do to get the full message?
>
> E.g.
> SQL> exec proc_that_doesnt_exist
> PLS-00201: Message 201 not found; No message file for product=plsql,
> facility=PCM
>
> Thanks for any feedback
> Malcom Dew-Jones

It appears your environment is not set up properly as I see those same
messages when %ORACLE_HOME% is not properly set. Do you have more
than one verson of Oracle installed on this Vista machine? Which
ORACLE_HOME is in use if so? You should find an Oracle Home Selector
which will perform the necessary acts to properly set the environment.

David Fitzjarrell
From: John Hurley on
wrote:
> (Does anyone see these posts?  I am not sure our news feed/server is
> working.)

Yes I saw it.

> I am using XE on Vista at home.  Whenever I get a pl/sql error then I
> don't see the text of the message, only the number.  Can anyone suggest
> what to do to get the full message?
>
> E.g.
> SQL> exec proc_that_doesnt_exist
> PLS-00201: Message 201 not found; No message file for product=plsql,
> facility=PCM

Do you really want to use XE?

You can download a full version of Oracle thru Tech Net if you abide
by the limitations.

I think there is now a version of 11.2 out for windows.
From: Malcolm Dew-Jones on
John Hurley (hurleyjohnb(a)yahoo.com) wrote:
: On Apr 3, 11:58=A0pm, yf...(a)vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Malcolm Dew-Jones)
: wrote:
: > (Does anyone see these posts? =A0I am not sure our news feed/server is
: > working.)

: Yes I saw it.

: > I am using XE on Vista at home. =A0Whenever I get a pl/sql error then I
: > don't see the text of the message, only the number. =A0Can anyone suggest
: > what to do to get the full message?
: >
: > E.g.
: > SQL> exec proc_that_doesnt_exist
: > PLS-00201: Message 201 not found; No message file for product=3Dplsql,
: > facility=3DPCM

: Do you really want to use XE?

: You can download a full version of Oracle thru Tech Net if you abide
: by the limitations.

I will have to check that thanks.

: I think there is now a version of 11.2 out for windows.