From: Elmo on
barc0deguy wrote:
> Hi my name is Pramod. I have been facing problems with my pc for a couple
> of weeks, for which I had uninstalled all the new software that I had
> installed (it was just one actually, Avg Anti Virus Free Version). I have used
> Avg before on my pc, but ever since I reformatted my pc. I was without an Anti
> Virus. I thought that uninstalling Avg would fix my problem, but the problem
> still continued. I haven't spoken about the problem yet have I?..
> Here's a log of the problem that I have been facing:
>
> Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C000001D
BCP2: 92A85E44
BCP3: 8A66495C
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

> yeaa so that's about it..
>
> I would really appreciate if anyone out there can help me fix this
> problem... I'm not going to switch my computer off because then I don't know
> when I will be able to get back on it again. Nor am I going to download or
> install any software on to my computer for now because I may have to
> reformat it, then I will have to do this all over again. Well, I will be
> checking on this thread after every 2 hours to see if there is a reply. I
> also have another computer on which I can get on if this one fails again.

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

The problem is hardware.. that was obvious when a reinstall of Windows
gave the same results. The article mentions your nVidia graphics card,
which you might remove, then reinsert to clean the contacts. But it's
more likely to be the RAM. Did you add RAM about the time this
happened? Remove, then replace the RAM sticks to clean the contacts, or
try running just one RAM stick as a test.

--
Joe =o)
From: Jose on
On Mar 30, 6:45 am, barc0deguy <barc0de...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi my name is Pramod..I have been facing problems with my pc..from a couple
> of weeks...for which i had uninstalled all the new softwares that i had
> installed (it was just 1 actually Avg Anti Virus Free Version)..i have used
> Avg before on my pc..but ever since i reformatted my pc..i was without a Anti
> Virus...i thought that uninstalling Avg would fix my problem..but the problem
> still continued...hmm i havent spoken about the problem yet have I?..
> here a log of the problem that i have been facing

If you are running Windows 7 (we see that in your information)

Windows System : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600 0

This is not the correct forum - this is an XP forum

If you are running Windows XP and are experiencing BSOD, then do this:

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste back here.

There would be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name) or whatever appears to be only your business that you can delete
from the paste.

Disable Automatic restart on system error to stop the error on your
screen so you can see it:

Right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Startup and Recovery
Settings.

In the System failure section, untick the Automatically restart box,
OK, OK.

If you can only boot in Safe Mode and are seeing a BSOD, choose the
option:

Disable automatic restart on system failure

Then you can see the BSOD when it happens again.

Download BlueScreenView from here:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Unzip and run it and let it finish scanning all your dump files.
Select the most recent dump files by clicking them and holding down
the Ctrl key to select multiples files. Try to select just the most
recent ones that relate to your issue.

Click File, Save Selected Items and save the information from the
dumps to a text file on your desktop called BSOD.txt. Open BSOD.txt
with a text editor, copy all the text and paste it into your next
reply.

Have any hardware oriented changes been made to the system since it
worked? RAM, video card, storage (hard disks, USB devices), printers,
network hardware drivers, device drivers?

Pages: 1
Prev: BCCode: 1000008e
Next: Strange Window Behavior