From: jmanos on
I have been having a strange "behavioral" issue for a few weeks now. When
attempting to open new folder windows (or settings windows) they either do
not open, or open BEHIND the windows that I already have open. In and of its
self, this is not a major issue. I believe however that this may be causing
some issues in games that I have. For instance, I am unable to make
selections of actions in the Sims game. I cannot select items on scroll menus
in other games. Everything was working perfectly, then the next day NOT.
With no "adjustments", downloads, etc....in between. My mouse is fine (I have
tried 3 others & different ports, used this mouse on my other computer just
fine (updated drivers since as well, video and mouse drivers) so I am
frustrated as
heck. Any help??? Hoping this is just a setting that went "screwy" LOL
Windows XP Home w/ SP3, Basic USB optical wheel mouse, ATI Radeon Xpress
1150 Adapter, 2 GIG memory.......so not lacking in resources :) Please
Help???
From: attilathehun1 on
Have you done scan disk or defrag lately. Tth could be the problem. The
windows opening behind each other is a settings in Folders, in Control
Panel. Open each window in the same window or open each window in a separate
window.
When this happens, hit Ctrl, Alt, Del to open task manager and see what
programs are running. Tht should be the first thing you do. Also, I'd run a
virus scan too.
Ok, hope it works out for you.
thanks, attilathehun1
--