From: Rob on

"JBC" <spheresofbalance(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> John Carter wrote:
>> JBC <spheresofbalance(a)yahoo.com> wrote in

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> But I don't think so. In my 16 years of building IBM clones, I've
>>> never seen a MB whose BIOS wouldn't save data just because the
>>> "Battery backup" was dead; which is all that battery does. It's
>>> there just in case you loose AC power so you don't loose all your
>>> BIOS settings. A capacitor actually keeps the BIOS settings while
>>> you have AC power. If you loose AC power that battery takes over
>>> until such time that AC power is restored.
>>>
>>> Thanks anyway.
>>>
>>> Joe
>>
>> Joe, I have the Rev 2.xx version, and I had a similar problem, just
>> slightly different, and replacement of the battery did the trick.
>>
>> Give it a try.
>>
>> Stranger things have happened, it's just another "funny" that can only be
>> explained at significant cost and effort, much greater than the $2.99
>> cost of the battery. Chill.
>
> How did you know I had a can of chill? Do you mean the CMOS EPROM or one
> of the diodes Paul referred to?
>
> I find it hard to believe that your kind can be so presumptuous. I have
> not sought your council on interpersonal relationships, but rather
> batteries, MB's and EPROM's. A wise man such as Paul knows that you get
> what you give. That Psychology dictates that I'm a mirror, what you see is
> merely you only clearer. Or in other words what you see in others is a
> mere reflection of yourself, after all, you is all you truly know and
> that's not certain. So I'll give you the same unsolicited deluded
> condescension that you gave, CHILL!

How condescending. So, you tested the battery while in circuit and it was
fine. Tell folk that and they won't waste their time trying to answer
questions when not enough information has been supplied. Paul is likely
correct, if the battery volttge is fine. You (or someone else) likely
shorted
the CMOS reset jumper without reading the manual.
--
Rob

From: Steve on
In article <Xns9D942772615Ejcartgmailcom(a)74.209.136.91>,
me(a)mymailsvr.org says...

<snip>

> I can't wait for your next intellectual demonstration. Rant on! :-)

He's just a sad excuse of a net troll. Outing him was sooooooo easy.
And he's really bad at it too.

From: Foke on
On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 18:00:45 -0400, JBC <spheresofbalance(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Steve wrote:
>> In article <4062b$4c0fe379$4831ece8$24774(a)FUSE.NET>,
>> spheresofbalance(a)yahoo.com says...
>>> GMAN wrote:
>> <snip>
>>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> But I don't think so. In my 16 years of building IBM clones, I've never
>>> seen a MB whose BIOS wouldn't save data just because the "Battery
>>> backup" was dead;
>> <snip>
>>
>> In my 26 years of working on PCs and their clones; I have. So you can
>> swap out the battery with a known good one and prove us wrong, or
>> have a working motherboard.
>>
>>> Joe
>
>You're a dense prick, my longevity quote was clearly an "I'm not a
>sap(newbie)" statement because GMAN's answer was obviously rushed.
>While your's is clearly all about competition as with the sarcasm. I
>know a man that's been with various women for over 67 years and still
>doesn't know how to treat them. Obviously long lived exposure doesn't
>necessarily equate with knowledge. Grow up boy and stop using computers
>to release your misplaced frustrations.
>
>Check out Paul's response. He's got class and it has nothing to do with
>his knowledge, but rather his attitude. He seems to really want to help
>someone, A TRUE Gentleman and Scholar. You sound like a washed up
>loser, get a grip. Thanks for nothing!

What an asswipe.

<plonk>