From: Donsigns on
Hi all,
Would I be able to get to the BIOS within win98SE?
PS2 connections are busted.
Don.

From: Don McC on
"Donsigns" <donsigns(a)bigpond.com> queries:

> Would I be able to get to the BIOS within win98SE?
> PS2 connections are busted.

I suggest that you Google "enter BIOS Dell" or whatever
brand of computer you've got. One gets into the BIOS
by booting or rebooting and tapping a function key before
Windows starts to load, i.e. before you see the Windows
splash screen.

A tap on the F1 key when the IBM screen appears opens
the Basic Input / Output System on my Aptiva. At this
point you will be in a command driven environment,
not a place to be unless you know what you're about.

--
Don

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are much more pliable.
~ Mark Twain

From: donald on
Thanks anyway.
Unable to get at the f anything key as the bios is set to look for
aforementioned keyboard which it cant do.
However once the OS is in place the usb keyboard and mouse are visible,
which is in windows and after the boot sequence.
So hence the question?
If I were able to get to bios I could then change it to look for the USB
k/b.
Don

From: Ben Myers on
"Donsigns" <donsigns(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message news:dlCXm.63673$ze1.38951(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Hi all,
> Would I be able to get to the BIOS within win98SE?
> PS2 connections are busted.
> Don.

Try wiggling the PS/2 plug while tapping the appropriate BIOS
setup key during bootup.

Ben