From: oldtrlrnr on
My laptop running XP SP2 blue-screens repeatedly immediately after Windows
starts. Stop code is 0x1000000A. "Last known good configuration" didn't
help; R&Ring memory stick didn't help. I ran the driver verifier and after
reboot it blue-screened with 0x0000000A, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

It does not crash in safe mode, but in that mode I cannot uninstall apps.

I will try "safe mode with networking" and attempt to update drivers, but am
not sure that will work or will help.

Appreciate any suggestions.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x0a

Why isn't SP3 installed by now?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

From: Paul on
oldtrlrnr wrote:
> My laptop running XP SP2 blue-screens repeatedly immediately after Windows
> starts. Stop code is 0x1000000A. "Last known good configuration" didn't
> help; R&Ring memory stick didn't help. I ran the driver verifier and after
> reboot it blue-screened with 0x0000000A, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
>
> It does not crash in safe mode, but in that mode I cannot uninstall apps.
>
> I will try "safe mode with networking" and attempt to update drivers, but am
> not sure that will work or will help.
>
> Appreciate any suggestions.

What is your history on upgrading drivers or software ? Did you
change something recently that resulted in these symptoms ?

Paul
From: ju.c on
You can reset the Driver Verifier in safe mode with this command:
verifier.exe /reset

See:

Using Driver Verifier
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617/